Saturday, November 21, 2009

Suki's First Irish Music Session



My goodness! What are all these people doing? Sitting around holding all these strange objects on their laps and producing these strange sounds. Some sound like that whistle that Bracha uses to call me, but I'll be darned if I can figure it out...there's no food, and nothing terribly interesting, so I think I'll just go to sleep in the sun until something more exciting comes along...


Now what the heck is that thing? Still no food...and it doesn't even sound as if she knows how to play it properly...but I do like these sounds..what did she say that was called? A jig?


There was a lot of joking at Beit Oved about the fact that Suki would be exposed to a lot of music. She seems to have made a good start, and yesterday's session outside certainly provided Suki with better conditions for hanging out than the last encounter in the pub where she barely had room to lay down. The players who gathered in the backyard of the bed and breakfast cabins at Ben Ami all loved Suki, who seemed to find jigs and reels very relaxing...in fact, she simply lay down next to me and went to sleep. We'll see how she fares at Jacob's Ladder Festival in two weeks' time.

After a much-deserved run around the basketball court where she learned "Tnee" (give me) to retrieve and drop her toy at my feet, we then went on to my friend Bill's birthday party, where Suki was petted and admired by all and behaved, in my unbiased opinion, beautifully.
(Thanks to Ayelet Nativ for the session photos!!

No comments:

Post a Comment