Saturday, November 28, 2009

Oh, that Smell!

Oh, that smell! All evening with this incredible smell of food and I was not given any. Even though I behaved beautifully throughout the evening. Admittedly I wasn’t hungry when I got there, but hey, I’m always up for another bite…I did a great job of cleaning the floor after the meal, and no one even had to sweep! And I did manage to get a tiny piece of that turkey that someone hid in their shoe especially for me. I know that Richie said that he really wanted to give me a treat, and I guess that was his way of doing it even though Bracha said no. And that very small person was lots of fun. he was just my height!

What is a Thanksgiving dinner like for a dog who is not allowed to have turkey? Suki overcame the endless temptation of the smells of roasting turkey (not at all tempting for me as a vegetarian.) She behaved beautifully throughout the evening. – even allowed year-old Liam to crawl around her and check out her ears and tail.
Shortly after dinner Suki suddenly became immersed in Richie’s shoe – persistently licking and sniffing. Curious, Richie reached inside to see what she was after and discovered a tiny piece of turkey that had fallen inside! So Suki did get one tidbit – her mere persistence was enough to make her deserve it.



Getting three dogs to pose for a picture is no simple matter, but here are all three dogs, finally photographed together: Nuala (6), Sirsha (13), and Suki (now just two weeks short of 2).


No comments:

Post a Comment