Sunday, May 2, 2010

Everyone there was crazy about me!

This morning when we got to Nahariya Bracha took me to a place where we had never been before. Bracha brushes my teeth every day or two but this seems to be a place where they take care of people's teeth. I knew they were going to take care of Bracha and not me because they all wore white shirts, and Avi and Noam, the vets, always wear green shirts. Anyway, everyone there was crazy about me! While Bracha was waiting everyone came to pet me, give me water, and admire me, so I just lay there and thumped my tail on the floor and lapped up all the attention. They made me feel so good that when Bracha disappeared into one of the rooms and left me to sit at the nice woman's desk in the entrance, I didn't object. I just strolled around there until Bracha came out. She called me and I trotted right up to her and that made them all go crazy over me again. I'll be happy to go back there any time, but I have the feeling Bracha doesn't like going there so much, and I can't understand why. Maybe they don't treat her as well there as they treat me! Still in my aura of relaxed self-assurance, I allowed Bracha to tie me to a chair in the waiting room in the next place we went while a woman took pictures of all of Bracha's teeth. I was not allowed inside because Bracha said that X-rays are not good for me. (Is this some kind of bad food?)

But then, oh my, we did go to the vet, and oh my, I had to get two shots – the one against rabies and the other against six different dog diseases, but Bracha asked if they could give them both at once and the vet said yes. So I stood right next to Bracha and she held me while the vet gave me a shot and then gave me a treat. When we left I wanted to play with the dog in the waiting room, but we were told that he was 17 years old! I guess he's a bit too old to romp with me! That's even older than Saoirse was, and she was pretty old!

No comments:

Post a Comment