Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Who's this New Dog?

It was a long hard day yesterday – we did our usual train ride and bus ride to Emma's house and then on to Rotem's school. On the way back to the bus I admit I made a couple of bad mistakes. First Bracha bumped into a pole, and corrected me. And there were other people watching, too. I was very embarrassed because a guide dog is supposed to do better, and they saw Bracha turn me around and, say "Zehirut!" and made me approach the pole again and go around it. Then we met Emma's great-grandmother and in my excitement I jumped up and had to be reprimanded and made to lay down on the sidewalk. I hate it when I am badly behaved and Bracha has to reprimand me.

What also didn't help was that when we got on the bus after saying goodbye to Rotem the driver shouted that he wanted to close the door and despite the fact that Bracha told him not to he shut it anyway! For a second I got caught in the door. Bracha yelled at the driver who was very rude, and felt all over me to make sure I was OK. Then she gave me a treat and petted me and assured me everything was all right. The driver then had the nerve to tell Bracha not to give me food on his bus. Bracha told him that if he wanted her not to feed me on the bus he had better look more carefully and not shut the door on me. Why are people so inconsiderate? Eventually the driver apologized and said he hadn't seen me, and we got off and I guided Bracha through the dark winding tunnels all the way to the train station, got on the train, curled up, and went to sleep. End of a long hard day.

Check this out! Does Bracha have a new dog? Nope, it's Nuala after her semi-annual haircut. I don't want my fur cut, at least not yet. I like it furry and wavy, but Nuala is like a sheep and needs to be clipped. She looks rather glamorous, though a lot smaller and a different color. And she smells, well, like me because Bracha shampooed both of us. So now I am clean and ready for the weekend!




 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment