Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Getting Checked!


Next week Roi is coming from Beit Oved to see how we are doing. I'm a little nervous - I've really tried to be good and I know I am good and well-behaved most of the time. So I've made a note of things that I need to avoid doing and need to work on.

The other day we were out in the field and I was off leash. I was on one of my speed running sprees racing about the orchard, when Bracha called me back. So I charged back to her and whoops, instead of skirting by like I usually do, I ran right into her. I think it hurt Bracha because it hurt me, too. I had been going pretty fast and 34 kilo of golden retriever going full tilt is not something you want to run into you. Bracha yelled "NO!"at me loudly, and she yelled at me to sit and "Artza!" I lay down and she crossed her arms and turned her back on me to show me she was really angry. She doesn't do that often, so I knew I'd really been out of order. Then She walked me on leash for a while, let me go and called me back. This time I sat down in front of her and she praised me. I hope I'll remember that's the right thing to do from now on.

And then there's this business of er, cats. I still find them hard to resist. I look around and don't concentrate and Bracha has to sit me down in the street and call me to get back to business. And I can't resist a pull towards the pet store. It's just irresistable.

But I hope Bracha will show Roi how I find a mailbos and the ATM machines and benches. I think we'll do pretty well. After all, we've been together seven months!

No comments:

Post a Comment