Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Who says dogs don't remember?

Last night when Bracha took me out into the yard to throw my rope toy around it was almost dark. I had a great time running after my toy and bringing it back to Bracha and dropping it so that she'd throw it again. And when we were through playing I threw my head back happily and the rope sailed out of my mouth into the garden. But it was dark and we couldn't find it.

"No matter," said Bracha. "Come in and eat and we'll find it tomorrow."

So this morning after we got back from the pool we went outside again. Bracha asked me, "Suki, ayfo hachevel? Where's your rope"

Well, what else did she expect me to do except fish it out from among the bushes where it had been lying since last night? After all I remembered where it fell.

Now, a word about going to the new pool. Strange how the man in charge was so upset about my coming into the pool. He was afraid I'd attack someone, or that customers would leave the pool and hurt his business. But everyone loves me there. Even the life guard asks if he can pet me and sees how I watch Bracha in the water constantly and lie quietly. And people are always asking Bracha about me and admiring me. Funny, it doesn't seem like anyone there has a problem with my being there except the manager.

And hey, we're running for office! Bracha is running for the board of the Israeli Guide Dog Users! And if she's running, well, so am I! I want them to vote for us! We'll make sure no one ever throws us out of anywhere again!

No comments:

Post a Comment