Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Day with my Best Friend Petel




I've met a lot of dogs and Nuala and I are always happy together, but I think of all the guide dogs Petel is my best friend. We were together at Beit Oved in the same cage and ever since then we get all excited every time we see each other.

Today we got on a bus and went into Nahariya to the train station and Bracha told me Petel was coming and to help her find her and Liron when they got off the train. Bracha woke me up when the train pulled into the station and I stood up on the platform, shook myself, and looked for Petel. Sure enough, there she was as Bracha had promised! We did the usual jumping about until we got out of the station and started walking down the street - all the way to the beach!
Well, you can't imagine how excited I was! To go to the beach and have Petel there too! At first she was a bit scared of going in, but once she saw how much fun I was having she got in the water as well. When we were both good and worn out Bracha and Liron washed us off and we walked down to a restaurant, where we were quite content to rest under the table. This is an especially nice restaurant where the waiters and waitresses treat guide dogs and their owners really nicely, helping with the menu, making suggestions, and offering us dogs water. After that we got on the bus and went back to Ben Ami.

For once I was pretty tired running through the field, but I was happy just strolling along with Petel and Nuala. Petel doesn't have such nice places to walk in Tel Aviv, and I think she was happy in such a big open place where there were no cars. And all too soon it was time for Petel and Liron to get in a taxi and go home. I lay on my rug, a bit sad, but more tired out than anything. And I know Petel will come visit me again. After all, I did share my rope toys and my treats, and I know Bracha was poud of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment