Friday, November 12, 2010

We Won!

I could tell that when we got into the room where the meeting of the Aguda was being held that everyone was excited. There were, as usual, dozens of dogs there, but of course the only one I paid any attention to was Petel. She and I lay on the floor in the aisle licking and pawing at each other. She is, really, my best friend among all the guide dogs.

Anyway, for the past two weeks all I have seen Bracha do is sit with a phone held to one ear. Sometimes she would talk on one and the other one would ring as well. She called this "camp Ayning". I don't know what this has to do with camping, but it sure requires a lot of talking on the phone and writing at the computer.

Well, I soon figured out what was going on. There were about 14 people who wanted to camp ayn like Bracha and her friends and be elected to the board, and soon each one of them got up to talk. Bracha stood up and talked to all the people and I could tell she was excited and happy. A lot of people yelled and whistled when she was through so I guess they liked what she had to say. When she sat down again I jumped up and put my paws in her lap to show her I was excited, too. Then all the people started going out to vote and the excitement got higher and higher.

Finally, after we had eaten some sandwiches outside (I admit to helping to clean up the floor) everyone went in to hear the results. Bracha and I went to stand with Adi, Guy, Benny, Erez, and all the other people who had been campaigning together and they started reading off names, but they didn't call Bracha's name, or Adi's, or Benny's or Erez's or Guy's name until the very last. That meant they had gotten the most votes and they had won. Then everyone started screaming and hugging and I jumped up on Bracha because I was so excited, too.

So now Bracha is on the executive board! And if Benny, Guy, Adi, and Erez are on the executive board, than, well, naturally, Turner, Alice, Lady, and Yuni and I are, too. We promise to do a good job! And we will sit under the table quietly at meetings, and oh yes, clean up the cookie crumbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment