Thursday, November 18, 2010

Home Alooooone

I hate being left home alone. Yesterday when Bracha clipped me on my chain to my place on my little rug and left me a kong with peanut butter and a bowl of water and a bone I knew something was up her sleeve, and as soon as she shut the door I started barking. I just don't like it when Bracha goes off without me. but I know sometimes I'm better off at home. What fun is it for me to sit under the table a dinner surrounded by lots of smells of food that I can't have anyway? I guess she's right. But I still don't like it. And I think she has plans to leave me home next week and not take me to the turkey dinner with her friends. It would be so tempting for me smelling that roast turkey all evening (though Bracha is a vegetarian and can't stand it).

But I do get to go to the pool and we are doing very well there. I have my own little place where Bracha clips my leash and I can watch her swim and take a drink of water from my bowl whenever I want. And no one objects to my being there! Today for the first time the life guard came up and asked if he could ask a question. "Do you have permission to bring your dog here?" Bracha answered politely that I'm a guide dog and don't need any permission - I already have permission from the Knesset. So there.

Now it's already the end of November but it's still summer. And Bracha has promised me that we are going to the beach again on Sunday - perhaps even with Petel! Hooray! I want it to be summer all year round!

No comments:

Post a Comment