Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Handy Dog to have Around

I know I can avoid obstacles, stop at curbs, cross streets, find ATM machines, garbage cans, and benches. But today I really outdid myself. Here's what happened.

Bracha and I cut through the fields on the way out of the moshav today to go to town. Things were going well. I pushed up against Bracha and made her go over to the right side of the sidewalk when she didn't see a man coming along on a bike. And Bracha praised me when she realized what had happened. She also gave me a lot of petting and praise when I walked very nicely through town. But when we got back home Bracha realized that her cell phone was missing. Bracha's phone is very important to her. It has all her friends' phone numbers in it, and has an expensive program in it that makes it talk and chatter all the time all by itself and makes the letters and numbers big so she can see them. So she was pretty upset that it was lost.

She clipped my leash on and we wet out over the fields where we had gone in the morning. Bracha brought another phone with her.

When we got close to the place where she thought she had dropped it she unclipped my leash, told me , "Suki, go find the phone!" and dialed her own number. Sure enough, the phone started ringing. I stopped sniffing around and walked up to it. Bracha bent down and picked it up and shouted, "Good dog, Suki!" Well, that was easy enough. After all, it's not every day that we hear Irish reels coming out of the underbrush.

I guess I am a very handy dog to have around.

No comments:

Post a Comment