Friday, October 15, 2010

Jerusalem and Back

I have never been to Jerusalem before. The first part of the trip was pretty much like going to Tel Aviv on the train, except the train wound around and around and rattled and banged until we got there. It was late at night but we finally made it to Carol's house after crossing a very complicated intersection. Her house is very small but I was on my best behavior and Carol was very tolerant of my large presence even though I had to pick my way around the furniture and often I had to back up rather than turn around.
Walking in Jerusalem is hard. The sidewalks are always blocked by parked cars, garbage cans, and branches, and sometimes there isn't even any sidewalk at all and we had to walk in the road. But I think I did very well, and I had a couple of good runs in the park, so I was happy.

Back home again, things aren't working out well at the pool at all. The security guard stopped us yet again, and the lady at the the desk yelled at the guard not to interfere and let us in, and Bracha was yelling at the guard and at the lady, telling her it was about time that someone bothered to tell the security guards that guide dogs are allowed at the pool and she was tired of being treated rudely when she comes to swim. I could tell she had really had enough. When we left the guard just sat there and didn't even bother to let Bracha and me out through the gate, and the lady yelled at him again. I can see why Bracha wants to go to another pool. The life guard there is nice to us, but I don't like being told I'm not allowed. After a year you'd think they'd learn already.

Now I have some good news. On October 19th Bracha and I will have been together for exactly one year! It's our anniversary! I hope Bracha has some surprise in store. I've hinted at a day at the beach, and I don't mind if she goes and has coffee afterwards because they always treat us well at Aroma and give me water and bring Bracha coffee right to the table instead of her having to go to the counter and get it like the other customers do. And er, a trip to the pet store would not be bad either…

No comments:

Post a Comment