Friday, October 1, 2010

Shiatzu for Dogs?

I don't think I'd ever been so tired as I was when we got back from the beach yesterday. We were there for a long time and I lay in the shade under our umbrella and rested after I had a few swims in the water and chased a little white dog around the sand. But it was very hot, and I felt like all four of my paws were maed of something very heavy and when Bracha put my haerness on me after she showered me and toweled me off it felt as if it were the heaviest thing in the world. That didn't stop me from being very upset when they left me at home and went to the supermarket without me. Of course I was too tired to want to go. But on principle, I don't like being left at home. Even when the little dog they called Shmoo was there too, I still didn't like it. But then something happened that I really loved that made me forget all about my state of being tired and unhappy. Naomi, Bracha's friend said she knew how to do something called "she hat soo." Now, I am not sure what this is all about, but suddenly she was pressing down all along my back, sort of like Bracha does when she ruffles my fur, but it made me feel really nice. Soon my eyes were closing and I just couldn't keep them open. Then I started sliding down to the floor, like when I do when Bracha tells me "artza" but I sort of don't want to lie down. And I felt like I was swimming in the sea, except there were no waves to jump over. It was like swimming when the water is all smooth and lovely. I wonder if Bracha will do this for me, too. I know she already does a lot of things for me, like letting me swim in the little pool and run free and buying me toys. And if I have a choice between choosing to get a bone and having some "she hat soo" I really don't know which I would choose. They are both wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment