Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Three Dog Day!

Have you heard of the Aboriginies referring to a three dog night - a night that's so cold you need to sleep with three dogs to keep warm? Well, yesterday we had a three dog day!

Petel, Yuni, and I in the house

It finally happened - Petel and Yuni both came to visit! This was the first time that I had two guests at once. Bracha had given me the usual reminders of sharing my pool and my toys, and since it was a terribly hot day I had no objection to everyone going in my pool. First we all sat quietly under the table in the restaurant while Liron, Adi, and Bracha had lunch. We were all very good. Then we walked all through Nahariya to the bus station, and all three of us got on the bus. Unfortunately Bracha and I were a bit ashamed because the driver did not receive our guests nicely and was not nice, said he did not like dogs, and rudely ordered Bracha, Liron, and Adi to go to the back of the bus. Bracha told him she'd darn well sit wherever she wanted to and that actually, he should let us sit in the front of the bus so that he could help us if we needed. But when we got to Ben Ami the fun really started, and we forgot all about the mean bus driver. We walked to the path that leads into the orchard and Bracha told Adi and Liron to let us run free. And it was then that I had the great idea!

Now, you know how I love to get wet and muddy. There were some terrific leaks in the irrigation lately because it has been so hot that they have been turning the water on. Well, I found a really good one. And I thought to myself, "Petel and Yuni never get to do this because they live in the city, so here's my opportunity to be a good hostess and show them how to have fun! They can get wet and muddy, too! Now Petel started right in, but Yuni was a bit hesitant, but soon I emerged, proudly covered in muck, and shook myself all over everyone just to show how nice and cool it was. I'm, er, not so sure Bracha was pleased about this. Soon she had the hose out and all three dogs had to get a bit of a wash. But then I knew Bracha wasn't too angry because she brought out my swimming pool. Petel and I ran right in, but Yuni was a bit afraid and skirted around it, even when Bracha stood in it and offered her a treat. But I guess not everyone likes the same things.
Before long it was time to say goodbye and Adi and Liron got in the taxi with Petel and Yuni. I was sad to see them go, but Bracha said they would come visit again. But I think next time she'll take us all running in the basketball court where we are certain not to get muddy. . Bathing three dogs is a bit difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment