Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Get this thing offa me!


Yesterday we had a hard day of getting around Haifa, Tel Aviv, and the crowded street in Ramat Gan. It just seemed like every time I thought I could lay down and rest a bit I was back in harness and at it again. In the evening I was so tired that I lay down at the bus stop and tried to go to sleep, but Bracha got me on the bus and we got on the train. We finally got home late at night. And Bracha promised me a couple of days of "off work time" so that I can get rid of my hot spot and recuperate and rest, because we are going to go away for the entire weekend.

She also, admittedly made it clear that if I didn't stop scratching the hot spot under my ear she was going to have to put one of those degrading collars on me like the vet told her to do. It's called an Elizabethan hat, but why anyone named Elizabeth or any other name would want to wear a hat like this is beyond me.

Well, this morning Bracha put more medicine on me, but at noon, I forgot and scratched. And that was it. Bracha looked at me long and hard. I imagine she felt bad because my hot spot isn't clearing up, and felt bad that I hadn't succeeded in holding up my part of the deal, and before I knew it I had this awful thing on my head.

How very degrading!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Suki ,
    I really enjoy reading your blog. On Blogspot there is a widget that you can pull into the side bar at enable receiving notices of updates by email. This is really cool for people without rss feeds or whatever. I have it on my blog.
    All the best
    Izzy the guide dog puppy (AKA Linda)

    ReplyDelete