Sunday, December 13, 2009

Ugh! What a Terrible Place!


By now Suki feels at home on the train!


Ugh! What a terrible place Bracha took me to today! Everywhere we walked everyone was shouting “There’s a dog!” “Look at that dog!” (always in masculine.. when will they learn that I am a she???) You’d think they had never seen a dog before. And all the children were constantly petting me and I was startled all the time by people putting their hands all over me, even though Bracha told them to please stop and that I didn’t want to play any more. Which I did not. The whole place was filled with noise and people and flashing lights and we both hated it. The only thing good about it was that there were lots of moving stairs and I was so happy going up and down that I wagged my tail to show it. But besides that it was awful, and Bracha swore she’d never take me there again, at least not when it was Hanukah and full of children.

Later we drove to a quieter place and it seemed that the people there were not feeling well, so I put my head in their laps and wagged my tail and they petted me. They seemed to like that a lot. I hope I made them feel better..

It’s only two days till my birthday! I’ve been promised a trip to the pet store! I dropped the hint about the pink striped bed again…and I’ve promised to stop barking at the pool if I have something to, er, chew on while we are there. Get it, Bracha?



Never take a guide dog to a mall – particularly during Hanukah. There is too much noise, too many people, too many children and Suki was soon spinning around startled at people who kept trying to pet her from behind. It was impossible to fend them all off.

Later, in the rehab ward at Bnei Tzion Hospital in Haifa Suki quietly made her presence known by walking up to several wheelchair-bound patients who petted her and were delighted with her. There is nothing like a pat on a dog’s head and a wagging tail to make anyone feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment