Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Tipping the Scales at 32 Kilo 200 Grams

We had a big day yesterday: our first real visit to the vet for a shot. I didn’t really mind half as much as Bracha thought I would. She told me I had to have it so that I wouldn’t get sick.
First of all, the vet gave me a treat. That already started me off on good rapport with him. Then he gave me the shot, but Bracha held me and stroked me, so I knew everything would be OK. Then I got another treat from Bracha afterwards. So, by my reckoning, two treats was worth that little pin prick.

Then I got weighed. Wow! I gained a little more than two kilo since I left Beit Oved. That’s OK because I think I looked and felt a little thin and stressed out after those three weeks of hard work on the course. And maybe a bit is due to those avocados I keep stealing off the ground whenever I get a chance. They are irresistible, but er, I don’t think they’re very good for me because sometimes I feel a bit sick after I eat them. But I guess I’ve still got my girlish figure because people keep telling me I’m pretty. Goodness knows, I love to eat, but I don’t want to get fat! Who needs a fat guide dog?

I guess I really have a weakness for food. And the clicker. Bracha even got me to go past the corner where I thought I saw/smelled that ??? again. I kept stopping every few meters because I really didn’t want to go, run in the green field or no run, but Bracha kept coaxing me on with a click and a treat until suddenly we were in the middle of the green field again. Than Bracha let me run. I still don’t like the ??? but I guess with enough persuasion and of course, tidbits, I can forget about it and keep walking. But Bracha knows that I really, really, don’t like that flat wagon with the men on it and the buckets of funny green fruit and all those barking dogs. There are too many of them. And they all speak Thai.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Bracha got that idea of using the clicker on me when I pull the sit-down-and-don’t- budge maneuver from Ami. Bracha knows darn well she can’t move 32 kilo of golden retriever that is glued to the ground with concrete without the clicker. Ami could use a clicker to get me to do just about anything – even go up and down escalators for the first time!

And am I ever glad he did.
I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment