Friday, December 24, 2010

Welcome Guide Dogs!

Tel Aviv sure is a big city. Bracha and I drove to a place in the city where we had never been before and we walked down a street in the dark, but Bracha just took Rotem's hand and we walked right down the sidewalk and I led the way. Soon we got to a restaurant and when we got to the door I couldn't believe my eyes! There was a little blue sticker on the door with a picture of a person with a guide dog, and it said "Welcome!" This was a restaurant where they wanted people with guide dogs to come in! Now, why couldn't we just make thousands and thousands of these little stickers and put them everywhere, and then there would be no questions asked? As we walked down the street I saw there were a lot of other restaurants with the same sticker on the door. How wonderful!
Now what I don't understand is why some people are so afraid of me. ON the train on the way back Bracha sat down in the first seat available. There weren't a lot of seats. Suddenly a woman started screaming "No, no! he's touching me! Get him away from me!" We suddenly realized that, er, she was talking about me. Bracha asked her to please stop shouting and she would be glad to put me in the aisle, where there was also little room. But she was still upset. Evidently she was unhappy because I was next to her baby. But I love babies! This baby was smaller than the Emma, and I know I would have loved just sitting next to it, but finally a nice man across the aisle offered to change places with Bracha to quiet things down.
So I finally went to sleep and there was no more arguing. I hope this mother eventually decides to give her baby a chance to play with dogs. Otherwise he or she will miss out on a lot of fun when they are growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment