Sunday, December 26, 2010

A visit to the Vet

I had a nasty feeling when we got to the bus stop on Herzl Street that we were going to that awful place where I get shots. So I dejectedly put my head on my paws and waited for the bus. I knew I could make one more try to avoid going in there when we arrived. which, of course, I did. I ground to a halt outside the door of the clinic and made sure Bracha understood that I didn't want to go in. Does she think I don't remember her trying to con me inside last time? But Bracha just bent town and patted me and talked softly in my ear and there was no avoiding it - we had to go in. But that didn't mean I didn't stall outside the waiting room door and attempt to get out again!
The first thing they did was get me to stand on the scale. Bracha stood on it with me so that I wouldn't be afraid and then she got off. I weigh the same as I did last time - 36 kilo and 100 grams! The vet looked at me admiringly and said that I was just fine, and that I must not get any heavier than this. I know Petel has been dieting and she has lost three kilo! But I'm longer than Petel and therefore can have, er, a few extra kilo. And then it came. I got a shot. Bracha held me and both Avi and Noam were holding out treats for me, and I soon forgot about the shot since it was over anyway. Then Avi checked my ears, paws, and dew claws and nails. All OK.
Why is it I get so worked up about it when in the end it is nothing?
And Avi and Noam said I was the prettiest golden retriever in the entire clinic! They told Bracha waht a lovely dog I was! So I left happy and proud. And now I don't have to have another shot for another three months!

No comments:

Post a Comment