Friday, December 31, 2010

Presto! Where did that dog come from?

The best part of our trip this week to Tel Aviv was when I went to sleep in the little niche between the seats on the train. I crawled deep inside and stretched out to go to sleep where no one would step on my paws and tail. And believe me, I was glad to get out of the way. The train was packed with people and I was tired from maneuvering through the mall and down the moving stairs and along the crowded train platform. But when we got as far as Kiryat Motzkin, I woke up and decided to crawl out and beg Bracha for a pat and a treat. Presto! Out I came! Imagine the surprise of the people on the train who had gotten on after our stop and didn't even know I was there! It was like being a magician! What fun to see the people all surprised at the big white dog crawling out and standing in the aisle!

And if that wasn't all, I got taken to two kindergartens where Bracha told the children all about me. Now those little kids will know more about guide dogs than a lot of adults do. They know what I do, what my harness is for, and not to touch and pet me when I'm working. They also know there is a law that says that I am allowed everywhere. Now they can help teach all those adults like the guard at the supermarket who just can't learn that I'm allowed inside. How is it that some children are smarter than grownups?

No comments:

Post a Comment