Thursday, May 23, 2013

Like a Dream Come True

Ever since Tali came to visit us here in Ben Ami and wondered what I can do in real traffic and city streets, I have wanted to show her.  And yesterday I got to do just that!  Bracha did not tell me that we were going to visit Tali.  She left it for a surprise after we finished our training session at Beit Oved where we practiced Bracha calling me and my coming back promptly.  But when we got to the train station in Tel Aviv there was Tali waiting for us!  We got into her car and when we got out I was at the house where I grew up as a puppy!  I could hardly believe it!  I ran for the gate and even passed by to see if my neighbor's dog Yosef was at home, but we ran up the stairs to Tali's house.  I was a bit miffed because now Mishmish, Tali's dog,  seems to own the place, and I ran off with one of her bones and she barked at me.  But my irritation at having another dog in what was once MY house was quickly forgotten because soon Bracha put me in harness and we started down the street.
Now, you have to understand that when I was here last over a year ago I was truly a rambunctious rascal.  I played with the cats, chewed Tali's shoes, stole children's shoes in the park, ran away with their balls, and generally behaved like a mischievous puppy.  And now I am, as you know, a serious, hard-working guide dog who is responsible for getting Bracha safely from one place to another.  Tali kept wondering how I would deal with the motorcycles parked on the sidewalk, protruding bushes, street corners, and even a sandpile that we had to walk around.  I handled it all like the pro that I am.  Soon we ended up in the park, and there were all my friends waiting for me!  Tali had called them all out to come meet Bracha and me!   Everyone remarked on how much bigger I am and marveled at how I look in my harness.    Everyone was taking pictures and all I could do was stand there and wag my tail and feel overjoyed at being in the place where I grew up.  It was one of the happiest days I have ever had, and I know that Bracha was happy, too, and proud of me. 




1 comment:

  1. Cute dog! When you get a chance, can you email me? I've got a couple questions for you.

    ReplyDelete