Friday, November 30, 2012

Out in the Big World

I can't begin to tell you how much fun I had last weekend in Jerusalem.  I know that Bracha promised me travel and adventure when we first met, and it seems to be coming on fast.  We arrived at a wonderful hotel with a grassy lawn, a place for my friends and me to run, and places for Bracha and her friends to eat, sit, and relax.  There were so many of my friends there: Petel, who was Suki's best friend and whom I really like a lot, Peter, Tango, Wendy, Alice, Casey, Polo, and many many others.  We all went on a tour on Friday that was very difficult work for me.  I did everything: stairs, ramps, tunnels, crowded alleys, and all the places in Jerusalem.  There was only one place that I would not let Bracha cross, and that was a place in the tunnel where there was a wide abyss in the floor going deep deep underground!  Bracha started telling me it was covered with glass and that I could walk on it, but there was no way I was going over that hole.  So she told people to stop coaxing me forward and we turned around and went back.  I was glad to get home to my own soft bed, but it was a wonderful weekend.  Unfortunately, by the time I learned my way perfectly around the hotel, even knew which room was ours, it was time to leave.
Now, Bracha lets me lounge on the patio in the sun by myself with the fence gate is closed.  But today she was surprised to find me out in the yard.  I didn't go far - just upstairs where there is a lovely view.  But Bracha soon discuvered the hole in the fence where I had slipped out, and to my disappointment she repaired it.  So no more wandering.


But I did hear her talk about building a special place outside, just for me, to, er, do my busy.  I hate walking on the wet grass in the morning.  I work hard and try to be good.  Can't I be a little spoiled in one small way?

No comments:

Post a Comment