Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Coming Along All the Time

I've been handling things a lot better lately.  I've had three big problems:  getting into cars, pulling on my leash, and agreeing (or rather, not agreeing) to go into the avocado orchard.  Getting into cars has been a lot easier for me, and Bracha encourages me with the clicker every time I get in properly.  So I hope I have that problem licked.  Now I would love for Bracha to stop putting that darned Halti on me, but I know she won't unless I stop pulling on my leash.  So I'll make an extra effort.
Now, I see through Bracha's tactics.  She takes me around the other side of the avocado orchard and we end up coming to the entrance from inside.  Yesterday we even passed two tractors and that big yellow thing that looks like a giraffe, but it makes an awful racket.  One was standing still, and Bracha took me up to it to sniff it and explore so I wouldn't be afraid of it.  So this morning I agreed to go into the avocados!  Maybe it's not such a bad place after all.
Bracha has told me we are going on vacation this weekend.  She put several little bags of my food in her suitcase, so I brought her my rope toy and she put that in, too.  I hope I'll meet a lot of new friends there, including Petel, who was Suki's best friend.  I know that if Petel liked Suki, she'll like me, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment