Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Itchy Ears!

I woke up in the middle of the night last night feeling as if I were about to jump out of my skin! Bracha got up and took me outside, but what I wanted wasn't to go out. I wanted my ear to stop itching. Bracha took me back inside and spoke to me softly and told me to stop scratching and go back to sleep and that she would take me to the vet in the morning. She said all he would do is look in my ears and that I might have contracted some ear mites or an infection.

Sure enough, when we got there, Avi picked me up (all 36 kilo of me!) and hoisted me up on the table. Then he looked inside my ears. I may have caught a few ear mites from Kabri, and now I have to have some ear drops. And then it came.
"Suki needs her rabies shot." Avi then told Bracha he was going to give me my other shot, too. I tried to skedaddle, but no go. But Avi did give me a treat or two and then Bracha hugged me and reminded me that we were going to the Kinneret this weekend. We can take my ear drops along and I'll be fine.

And I lost a kilo! Now we just got a new bag of low calorie dog food, and I'm going to knock off two more so that I weigh 34 kilo. Avi says that is acceptable. And if I swim this weekend and run, it will be a good start! I can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment