Monday, May 9, 2011

Cracking Down and Keeping Cool

There is a store in Nahariya that Bracha likes to go to to try on clothes. They are very nice there and usually I find a nice spot and lay down and go to sleep. So there was Bracha busy trying on clothes and in walks another customer.

"Hey," she said. "If dogs are allowed in here, maybe I'll bring mine next time, too."

I could see that the nice saleswoman was beginning to lose her temper. Bracha politely explained that I was not a pet, I was a guide dog for the blind. the woman seemed to become a bit embarrassed and left. The saleswoman told Bracha that she was angry and Bracha told her not to get angry. "It's not worth it." Why get upset at these stupid people who are ignorant and rude?

Now I want to admit that I have been a bit out of line lately. And now I've gotten waht I deserve - no more hanging out on the patio without a leash. That's because I ran away. And Bracha had to go looking for me and calling me until I came back. Then Kabri came over with Paul, and Bracha agreed that we be allowed to run in the yard, but we both were rascals and ran away into the orchard together.

So last night Bracha sat down and told me very firmly that I would not be let off leash in the yard any more. That's it. It's just too tempting to run off, even though she knows that I will always come back. So now we have a new plan. I can go off leash on hikes through the fields, but at home we are going to fence in the patio. That way I will stay put, and Nuala will have a place to be when Bracha is not home.

And the other thing we are going to crack down on is getting my summer figure back. A short stint on light dog food and a good run every day, plus losing about a kilo of winter fur, and I think we'll be back in shape again!Then I will be fit and I promise to be good. And next week we go to the Kinneret! It's festival time!

No comments:

Post a Comment