Friday, May 27, 2011

Don't Fence Me In!


Yesterday I was feeling pretty smug - I proved to Bracha that I learned two new routes. The first is the route from the bus stop in Kiryat Ono to Rotem's school. We've been there a couple of times but it appears that now Bracha can pick Rotem up at school. It's rather confusing because there are a lot of gates in the fence to the school, and only one of them is open. I kept turning right and standing in front of each one until we found the right one and I went right to Rotem's classroom! Bracha was very proud of me and we have that one down just right. The other route is much harder - from the bus stop on Jabotinsky into the train station. We have to pass a lot of people, cross a street, and then turn in between very tall buildings, like walking inside a maze with high walls, until we get to the entrance to a long tunnel. Then Bracha bent down and gave me a treat. I know that in the winter we will have to walk this route when it is dark outside, so we are learning it now while it is light and then I'll know where to go.

Now, here at home I feel a bit less smug because Bracha is building a fence around the patio. This means no more wandering off, and no more sneaking into the orchard to find you-know-what - avocados! Here I am lying next to the new fence post, and soon I will have to stay on the patio. That's what happens when you try and stretch your limits. In the end, you get more limits!

No comments:

Post a Comment