Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Working and Shirking

It's cold! I'm lucky to have thick fur, which is now plush and very wavey. Either it's raining or the wind is blowing outside or both. I'm always happy when we get home and Bracka dries me off with a towel and I can settle down in front of the stove and warm up.

Now, I've got to admit I've been a bit slack about my obedience during my free time lately. I've begun to wander off in the yard and get occupied - mostly with avocados, which are always tempting. So Bracha and I had a talk, and we agreed to work on getting me well disciplined again. First of all, I'm not allowed to be free in the yard any more unless Bracha is outside. Then when I get let off leash, she calls me periodically, and I get a treat and occasionally a click with the clicker when I come quickly. And that reminded me of how I used to be. So I'm determined to behave and be able to be trusted again. I know I can do it. But oh, those avocados. They are so tempting!

1 comment:

  1. I just thought that you may want to know that Avocados are considered dangerous for dogs and can cause gastrointestinal problems. I've posted a link below:

    http://www.healthypet.com/PetCare/PetCareArticle.aspx?art_key=655a2b98-fe3f-4162-b9e4-af262ec76c7c

    ReplyDelete