Wednesday, February 16, 2011

New Friends and Oh More Rain!

After the nonsense that I did last week at the guide dog owners' meeting in Tel Aviv, I decided that this week I'd be on my absolute best behavior. I was admired by everyone on the train and behaved beautifully, as well as in the meeting itself where I lay sleeping for hours next to Bracha's chair. And this was despite the excitement of meeting so many new friends! There was even Dessa, a lovely black labrador from America! She belongs to Ibrahim, and of course, he speaks to her in English! She's a delicate black dog with lovely shiny fur. He must brush her all the time just like Bracha brushes me. It was interesting to hear how Ibrahim had learned to work with Dessa. For instance, Dessa is not allowed on moving stairs without boots. Here we are allowed to go up and down moving stairs if Bracha picks me up quickly by the harness at the end so that I don't get my paws caught between the stair and the metal plate. It seems all the guide dog schools in Israel and America have different rules, but they are all made to keep us safe and working well.

Boy was I glad to get our for a bit today and run! The entire front yard looks like one big puddle and we went out to the field out back and I let out a lot of pent up energy. And now guess what? It's raining again!

No comments:

Post a Comment