Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Petel and Me

What a wonderful day Petel and I had together! Here we are having a quiet conversation in the pool. I remember Petel from Beit Oved when we were training to be guide dogs together. Bracha remembers her because she was the first guide dog she ever walked with, and I think Petel remembers her, too. And finally the day came when Petel and Liron came to visit! When Liron and Petel got off the train we were so excited that we could harely keep from jumping all over each other, but eventually Liron and Bracha got us out of the train station and onto the street. We walked all the way down to the beach and then Bracha went down on the sand with us and let us both off leash. At first Petel was a bit timid and kept running back to Liron and Bracha, but soon I showed her the water and we were soon both wet and sandy, as dogs should be at the beach. After that we both settled down while Liron and Bracha had lunch and were unnoticed by everyone in the restaurant because we were good and quiet. Then we got into two taxis (we have not yet found a driver willing to take two dogs) and went back home. Then the fun started. Bracha gave Petel and me a nice leather chew toy and we both settled down, and then someone said something about "free run." So off we went into the avocados! Petel has no place to run like this in the city, so she had a wonderful time. And then Bracha got the pool out. Well, I don't even know how to tell you what a great time we had. We ran into the water, around the yard, back into the pool, and out to run again. I haven't had so much fun in a long time. When Bracha lets me get wet and swim it's fun, but having a friend around is even better. When Bracha left me home to take Liron back to the train station I was unhappy and barked, but Bracha came back, fed me, and explained that it was too difficult to take two dogs in one taxi. But I had done what she promised - I shared my pool and my toys and I want Petel to come back again!

1 comment:

  1. Adorable! Makes me wish I was a dog-friend of Suki's.

    ReplyDelete