Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Dog Days


I don't know why people call hot summer days "dog days." They are not for dogs at all. I guess Bracha is right in saying that my fur protects my skin from the hot sun beating down on it, but it is hot outside. And yesterday when we got back from our hike (no mud this time) I was very hot and Bracha filled up my little pool. I was glad to be able to cool off. Busses and trains are cool, but walking in the street is hot, שמג when I try and nip over to the doorways of stores where cool air is coming out Bracha makes me walk on.

Today we went on a short train ride to Acco and got into a taxi. The ride was only about five minutes long and the driver wanted a lot of money, and it turned out he had charged Bracha for an extra passenger. Bracha explained to him that this was against the law and then gave him one of those stickers that says "I take guide dogs." In the end he offered to give Bracha even more money back and they parted on friendly terms. The driver asked if someone attacked Bracha if I would become a gressive. What's a gressive? I'm a guide dog. How can I become something else?

Anyway, when we got back to Nahariya one of the customers in the bakery was not so nice. We go in there all the time and I know I am not supposed to touch or sniff anything, and the staff is always helpful and someone goes and gets Bracha what she needs. But a lady yelled, "What? A dog in the bakery where all the bread is?" Bracha was fed up and said yep, you come in with your eyes and I come in with my dog." She has no patience for people who say things like that. There is so much to teach people about us!

No comments:

Post a Comment