Tuesday, June 15, 2010

How to Keep Cool

Shortly after the sun comes up it is already hot outside. If we are not walking in town I spend a lot of time sleeping at home and keeping cool. But eventually I know that we'll go out for a walk. My new shoes are waiting in a neat little stack for the day when it gets hot enough to put them on in town. The nice man who sold them to us told Bracha not to let me run on the grass with them, only on the sidewalk. They will keep my feet cool.

So here are the ways that I keep the rest of me cool:

The best is the beach. I'm cool for hours afterwards because my fur is damp and the cool wind blows through it. Next best thing is the river, but it's getting muddy there, so Bracha, not wishing to invest in a bottle of dog shampoo each week, is avoiding it.

And then there is this nice stuff that Bracha calls "ice." there's nothing like it. I've learned to stand next to her when she's drinking and wag my tail, and eventually she will say, "Suki! Do you want Ice?" I will wag my tail even harder and she will reach into the glass and give me a piece every time..

And today I found something wonderful that I can only assume is a shower for dogs! In the avocados there are long pipes running along the ground, and suddenly I came upon cool water spraying out of one! I got underneath and stood there, luxuriating in the cool spray and wet leaves on the ground underneath. How very considerate of people to put these things out in the orchard to stand under when I am hot! A dog shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment