Friday, January 15, 2010

We're finally getting the hang of it...

I think we are finally getting the hang of it. That is, Bracha and I. Today was another busy day traveling to Haifa and back to see the Emma again, but this time I really can’t remember anything except being rewarded, told I was good, and petted all day.

We left the moshav without a hitch – well, almost. I did stall for a minute opposite the noisy tree, the one where all the birds sit and make a racket, but after persuaded with the clicker to go forward and a firm “Kadima, Suki, no nonsense!” I well, sort of forgot about the birds and went on.

I was even good in the bakery where we stopped to buy some cakes. The ones on the lower shelves were very tempting, but I was told firmly to sit, so I could hardly disobey that. The lady there must have liked me a lot, because she started to cut a tiny piece of cake and give it to me, but wouldn’t you know Bracha intervened and told her that I could not have any cake, any food from anyone but her, and that cake was bad for me. Which I know darn well. She did say she could pet me as much as she wanted, and she got down on the floor and stroked me until we paid for the cakes and left.
At Itai and Hilla’s house everyone was fussing over the Emma as usual. She still doesn’t do much but eat and sleep, but there are more people making oohs and aahs over her every day. But it was nice in the sunshine on the terrace, and when we got home Bracha told me I had been good all day and I got a good run in the green field in the tall grass.

Now I’m ready for bed. All I have to do is get this peanut butter that Bracha inserted out of the holes in my kong…

No comments:

Post a Comment