Thursday, January 21, 2010

I wonder if they make doggie raincoats...

Silly me. Since our neighbor offered Suki and me a ride, I decided to chance a trip to town today to run errands. For a short while we walked about in the sunshine, while the Geaton River still rushed by along the main street in its culvert. But as we emerged from the pharmacy, the heavens opened up again. After sitting under the overhang for a while, I decided to give it a go. Suki resolutely poldded on, stopping every once in a while to shake herself, determined to get rid of some of the water. Her almost white coat seemed to turn a few shades darker. As we reached what I was determined would be the last stop until we grabbed a taxi home, I remembered that I was about to enter a store with a very wet doggie, so I blew in SUki's face. Just like Ami had described, she planted her feet on the sidewalk and shook herself once again. That was the best I could do. We entered.

The saleswoman graciously helped me find silver and gold paper, felt, glue, and some other items I needed to keep Rotem busy over the weekend, and we followed, distributing a strong odor of eau du wet canine through the store as we went. There was enough perfume to give the taxi driver a whiff as well, and once home, I toweled Suki off briskly as she wagged her tail happily, snagged her bone out of the basket, and settled down next to the stove to steam dry off.

No comments:

Post a Comment