Sunday, January 10, 2010

Dee-Sense-it-is-ay-shun? Maybe it involves food...

I still can't figure it out. We went all the way to Haifa again and now the little human puppy is at home. I stayed outside on the veranda and slept in the sun and I watched Bracha through the glass door cuddle this little person they call the Emma. She still doesn't do much - just sort of lays there and opens her eyes, but she makes Bracha happy so I guess it's OK. I wonder if she'll get more interesting as time goes by. I made sure to put on my best behavior after I was finally fed and let inside so that everyone will understand that I won't get well, er, rambunctious. I guess that hour-long hike through the firlds in the morning helped me settle down. Golden retrievers are, according to the Internet, filled with energy and if you don't exercise us enough we will get wild in the house and destroy things. But I'm too well trained for that sort of nonsense.

But those darned birds still drive me nuts. Even if I hear them at a distance in our own orchard, I know they are there, and I don't like 'em. I sit down and I don't want to walk because I'm afraid they will get closer. Sometimes I even hear them when we are in the house. I think Bracha is going to have to prove to me that they are not dangerous. Her friend the psychologist calls this dee-sense- it - is - ay-shun, whatever that is. Maybe it involves food...Till them I'll do my best not to get near. And then there's the ??? and the ??? as well.


All’s well that ends well. Returning home from Haifa last night I made myh way to the taxi stand. The driver who pulled up was none other than the notorious Benny. The dispatcher cordially opened the door, helped push the front seat back, and helped me in with Suki. As we pulled out Benny explained that the entire incident had been a misunderstanding: he had merely had another client waiting and therefore had been unable to take me. Why, he takes the guy from Kfar Veradim with a guide dog all the time. Yes, my dog is well behaved, and no he doesn’t have any problem taking guide dogs that are clean and behave well. I made it clear that I expected nothing short of the same good service that I had always received from the taxi station, dog or no dog, and that I was willing to put the incident behind me.
I vividly remember the shouting match and “I don’t take dogs!” but, well, some people just can’t admit they were wrong. No doubt Benny got chewed out by the dispatcher and realized he’d better shape up.
But there were, of course, two words that, of course, did not occur in the conversation in which B|enny justified himself and wrote the incident down as a misunderstanding: “I’m sorry.” That would have been too much to expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment