Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Little Excited and Nervous

Well, here we go.  It's countdown to London.  Bracha has already written down all the dates when I have to have treatments against parasites (yuck, I'm sure I don't have any but that's what we have to do!) and even Noach is a bit nervous.  He probably imagines that the stuffy Brits will find some excuse to tell Bracha that I can't enter the UK and has visions of me being kept in a cage for a week and going home without seeing London at all, and the beautiful plan to make me the first Israeli guide dog to enter the UK will be blown into smitherines.  But I secretly think things will be OK.  After all, I am beautiful and healthy and we are following all the instructions on the British government website that Bracha and I read together.  Bracha has taken out a large suitcase and is beginning to toss a few things inside.  And I am working extra hard on getting used to my Halti and walking nicely.  Bracha is very proud of me, and tells me she is happier when I don't pull too hard, and she is careful to give me opportunities to run and play in the yard and let off excess energy.
Today we were in Nahariya and the street was full of water from the rain, and a car drove past us as we were standing on the traffic island.  I jumped back in fright, but that didn't keep me from getting sopping wet from all the water it sprayed at us and all the other people standing there.  When we got home Bracha toweled me off and we laughed.  I guess I'd better get used to it.  It's going to be cold and rainy there.  Right mate?  Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment