Sunday, January 27, 2013

I'm Going to London!

I guess it's really true.  Bracha and I are going to London!  We will be the first guide dog team to visit the UK from Israel, and that's very exciting.  Bracha has talked to me about it, and we have decided to work very hard to make sure that I am on my best behavior.  I've been doing my best, and Bracha has told me that in the last few days I've been working very nicely, and not pulling on the harness or rushing down the sidewalk too fast.  This is because I "consented" to wear my Halti almost all the time.  It really doesn't bother me too much, and it reminds me that I have to slow down and not pull on Bracha's arm, which is getting more than a bit sore.  This is part of our agreement, and it's working out well.  Bracha doesn't want my collar to be pulled all the time, because she knows it's not pleasant for me, and I must admit that I prefer walking with a Halti.  So we will take it with us to London, too.  We may meet some important people there, and I want to make a good impression on  them and be on my best behavior!
So here I am - DInka, the first Israeli guide dog to enter the UK!  And there is even a member of the British Parliment who uses a guide dog, too!  I'd better start brushing up on my English!

No comments:

Post a Comment