Sunday, March 25, 2012

Being Separated

I never liked it when Bracha has to leave me alone. At Beit Oved I used to stand in our room and bark and bark, and nothing would stop me, not even Bracha and Ami waiting outside the door to catch me at it and open the door and shout "NO!" And when Bracha leaves me at home on my bed, I still bark. I just don't like it when she's not around. Now, I must admit that being shut inside the patio with the fence isn't all that bad. After all, I still get to sleep in the sun, and after a while I stop barking. I now know that the moment Bracha and Nir start wheeling out the bicycle, I'm going to be left. I understand that I can't come riding. Bracha has even talked to me about staying in a kennel for a couple of nights when she goes away riding because she knows that I will be safe there and well taken care of. But the thought of being two days without Bracha gives me the heebie jeebies.
Now, today I really don't know what made me do it. I know that it was very naughty. When Bracha came back from riding, I grabbed her good wool hat and tore the edge off. Bracha heard the sound of ripping fabric and came to see what I had ripped. She yelled "NO!" at me and then crossed her arms and turned her back on me - something she only does when she is really angry. It was, after all, her good winter hat. And I have, after all, a large basket of toys to chew, and I know I am not allowed to destroy her things. I know I was wrong. And I know that Bracha still loves me and forgives me, and that I have to be left alone sometimes. She did give me a nice run on the beach yesterday. So we both have to forgive and forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment