Thursday, March 15, 2012

All those little hands

I'm beginning to understand that this kindergarten lecturing business is pretty worthwhile for me after all. I don't have to do much - just sleep or stand and look pretty. But afterwards Bracha takes my harness off and lets the children come and pet me. All those little hands stroking my fur make me lie down, and then flop over on my side and enjoy the attention. I only gave a low "woof" once when one of the children started fiddling around with my tail, so Bracha is more strict about them only petting my back and tummy. We want them to like me, after all, not to be scared of me. On the way home we met Egda with her dog Shadow. He's even more rambunctious than I am, and he's a bit older than me. But it was nice to have a friend to travel with.
Now Bracha has decided that when it stops raining we are going to have a serious campaign to get me to come back when I am running free. I admit I've been a bit lax lately - and all those avocados on the ground after the big storm make it difficult for me to obey. I know that she's right. I must not run away. We discussed it, and Bracha promised to take a clicker and treats and help me get back on track. I promise to work at it. As long as there are no avocados around, I think I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment