Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Life as a Large Dog


Lately there's been a lot of talk about large dogs versus small ones, black dogs versus light-colored ones. Now, I admit it. I'm large. Bracha thinks that they gave me to her for many reasons, but size wise, we are a bit of a surprising pair. Besides Rocko and Casper, who are both male golden retrievers, we have never seen any guide dogs who are bigger than me! I weigh 35 kilos, and most of Bracha's friends' dogs don't even weigh 30.

Now I know that some people find this difficult. It's, er, a little bit more difficult to squeeze into little places like taxi cabs and private cars. But usually I manage to scrunch in under the glove compartment and fold up like a jack knife and pop in like a cork into a bottle. But I admit it's not always easy.

But the color thing is just beyond me. Why don't people like black dogs? Nuala is Black, and Saoirse was black. And so are Turner, Dessa, Disney, Hugo, and lots of other dogs and they are pretty. And if I were black taxi drivers would complain a lot less about my hairs in their taxis. People are so strange. Bracha explained to me that the dark colored dogs have different jeans. First, in order to be black you have to be a Labrador retriever. And you have to have jeans that make black or brown fur, and jeans that make the color actually appear in your fur! Now, why would they wear jeans?

Now I have to mention that the Rotem was here. She couldn't even go to school because she was sick, and did a lot of sleeping. So I slept with her and kept an eye on her, too. And now she's better and we took her back home on the train again. And it's pouring rain outside. Think I'll stay by the fireplace until it dries out outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment