Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Beach and Reconcilliations

I love the beach. I just can't get enough of it. Bracha says she wished she could get a picture of me jumping over the waves, which I now have down to a technique. As soon as I see one coming I get ready and then leap over it. Sometimes they catch me by surprise and I get underneath them, but I pop out right away and keep swimming. I'd stay in all day but Bracha pulls me out before I get too tired, and then we sit on the beach and I look out at the moving water. Today even the life guard came up and petted me and said he watches me in the water. But I know I have to watch Bracha. I don't trust anyone else! he said I was a beautiful dog. And that was when I was all wet and covered with sand!

When we got home today a man called from the company that runs the supermarket where they tried to make us leave last week. . he was very pleasant and said that he knew the law. He even trains a blind golf champion! He told Bracha that they were going to inform all their staff and workers that guide dogs were allowed in the supermarket, and that they would send Bracha a gift and a letter. Bracha said the best gift would be going into the store without being hassled.

And now I have real news! We are going on vacation! We're going to a hotel and there will be a lot of other guide dogs there! Even Liron and Petel will be there, and we will even get to share a room together! And I think Bracha has bought some new toys and surprises for Petel and me so that we will have a good time, too! I promise to be good on vacation and not get into mischief. I admit I did the following things in the past two days:
I got up on the table and ate the cat's food again.
I got into a mud puddle and got really dirty on our walk, and Bracha had to shampoo me again.
And yesterday I found some food in the orchard and didn't come back when Bracha called me. I was too busy eating. Yep, I got yelled at, and I deserved it. And now I'm not going to be let off leash all week because Bracha wants me clean and nice to go to Tel Aviv and on vacation. I guess I was wrong. But you know me when it comes to food...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bracha,

    While it is sad that we have discrimination against guide dogs I thought you might find this article interesting: http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2010/09/erc-study-finds-50-of-dc-cab-drivers-avoid-blind-customers-with-service-dogs/

    It is clearly not just a problem in Israel where guide dogs are not common.

    Best wishes for a Shana Tova.

    ReplyDelete