Sunday, March 7, 2010

Feeling Sad and Lonely




One of the last pictures of Saoirse, here lying with Suki by the stove on a cold night

Yesterday I sensed that Bracha was very sad and I could not find Saoirse anywhere. Bracha sat with me and petted me and said Saoirse was gone. I know she was very sick and couldn't walk with me any more. But I miss having her around. Sometimes I walk around the house and look in all the rooms, just to see if maybe she's here, but I guess I'd better believe Bracha. I feel a bit sad and lonely and yesterday I spent a lot of time just lying on my rug with my head on my front paws. Bracha has promised me that she will try and bring Nuala into the house more so that we can be together. Nuala usually likes to be outdoors, but it would be nice to have her here, too. She understands that we dogs are social animals and need company. That's why she always kept more than one dog around.

But I just don't understand why people shout so much. Today on the bus a man shouted something really rudely to a woman who had a small baby like the Emma because she did not want to fold up her stroller. And when we got on the bus to go home the driver didn't say hello back to Bracha. Instead he shouted "What's this?" at us. Why do drivers shout that? Don't they know what a dog is? Why do they ask what I am?

Bracha has promised me a long walk to the green field this afternoon with Nuala. Maybe that will make us feel happier.


No comments:

Post a Comment