Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Chag Sameach!

We've been so busy traveling and celebrating that we've hardly had time to write. Our Pesach adventure began with a train trip to Lev Hamifratz and crossing a major intersection, which I don't think I would have dared to do without Suki. I counted no less than a dozen crossings and traffic Islands to cross the bus station and Haifa-Acco Road to the other side and then cross the road leading east. No one was there to help us. We did it all by ourselves, Suki and I.

After a few hours being tied up outside the small coffee house where we set up our Seder, Suki was rewarded with a run through the citrus groves at Kibbutz Sarid, and then behaved very nicely while 29 of us worked our way through the Haggadah and then a lovely Seder meal.

Here are Rotem and Suki, looking very nice side by side with Rotem wearing a T shirt from Beit OVed with a puppy looking very much like Suki.



I'll let her tell you about her first encounter with the Mediterranean.

WooooooooooooooW! I thought the stream in Ben Ami was the epitome of fun in the water until I was let off the leash on the beach in Nahariya! There's nothing like this! First you go dashing in, and then the water comes and chases you back out again! It's like magic! And then you stand on the sand and the water rolls in and jumps at you and you can't resist going in again! I simply couldn't stop, and that was fine, seeing as everyone was busy taking pictures of me diving in and running out again. Only thing is, it doesn't taste like water. It's salty. And I had to get a thorough drying off before I as allowed in the car again. I wonder why…maybe it was the familiar eau de wet canine perfume I love so well…









No comments:

Post a Comment