Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Bath Time


Why is it that I just can't get Bracha to understand that I like getting wet in the river, in puddles, and at the beach, but I don't like it when she puts on a collar and leash and takes me into the shower. First of all, she seems to think that all that shampoo and stuff she puts on my fur smells good. I can't stand it. And then no matter how hard I try I just can't roll around the rug enough to get dry. Yesterday we went to the river and I took one look at the running water and made a charge straight for the gully. I came out and went back in again and again. But the river doesn't make me full of that perfume smell. Yuck! Bracha explained that we have to go to school in Rehovot next week and talk to children about guide dogs, and that I have to be extra clean and pretty. And no fleas, either. But still…isn't going in the river enough to get me clean? And did that tidbit she gave me after my bath really make up for having to stand in the shower dripping wet? I'm not so sure.

Still, it helped me keep my mind off my sadness a bit. Last night Nuala came in and we both lay down next to the sofa for a while before she went back outside. And Bracha has made a special place for Saoirse with pretty stones, and she planted flower seeds and put a little flower pot on it and she waters it every day. We see it when we are outside running in the grass in back. And if Saoirse is there, well I guess she sees us and runs with us in spirit, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment