Sunday, February 21, 2010

Partying and Mischief

I was delighted yesterday to see that Bracha was arranging tables and chairs outside and people began to arrive with food and cakes. You know me – always ready to do my job as chief crumb gatherer. There was plenty and I also received lots of attention. Bracha let me wander about freely among the guests and (with the exception of a brief foray into the avocados from which I was firmly called back) I stayed where I was supposed to. Bracha even let one of the guests take me for a walk around the moshav on a leash – a rare treat – and I behaved beautifully so that she would allow this again in the future. Dana, the nice woman who took me, asked Bracha if she closed her eyes would I guide her, but Bracha explained that I only do that when I am in harness. On the leash I am just like any other dog!

I did, however, abuse my right to be on the patio alone and, I, er, performed some acrobatics and got up on top of the table where the cat food is stored. That was it: I was quickly taken indoors again and Bracha shouted "NO!" and turned her back on me and crossed her arms to show me she was really cross. I hate that. But I know that was really naughty.

But this week my friend, the big black dog Saoirse has to have an operation, and afterwards she will not be feeling well. I promise to try and be very nice to her until she feels better.

I really do hope Bracha doesn't stay angry at me for long. I would really like another walk to the big green field.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment