Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Now, if I was a black Labrador...

I admit it. I've been very stubborn lately. I've pushed the limits a bit and sat down or stood in place whenever I don't feel like going somewhere. But Bracha is not letting me get away with it. She sat down next to my bed this afternoon and explained to me quietly that SHE is the boss around here, and that she will take me to the pet store and to the basketball court to run – but SHE will decide when. Not me. I guess she's right. But I am, as we were told, a golden retriever, and golden retrievers can be smart and stubborn.

But I was very good yesterday. The only thing I did wrong was to sit down in the street in Nahariya when we didn't turn right to go to the pet store and I refused to turn left. Naughy me. I di find a seat on the bus, located the machine that Bracha calls "Bank", and I even remembered to go to the pole where Bracha presses the button to make the stoplight work. We went on a long bus ride, and everyone on the way liked me and admired me, even the people in the clinic. There was one woman in the elevator who was afraid of me, but Bracha assured her that she would hold me close and that I didn't do anything bad, and I sat on the floor quietly, far away from those scary doors that close so fast.

It occurred to me as we got in the taxi to go home after shopping that I would have been a bit more acceptable to the driver had I been a black lab. You see, the nice new taxi had black upholstery, and when we got out the driver voiced his displeasure at some white doggie hairs on the side of the seat where I had been lying on the floor. Bracha offered to go in and get a brush from the house and clean up, and that made him a bit less grumpy. I hope he doesn't make problems taking more guide dogs in his taxi. I get brushed every day and we do our best, but I guess my hairs just float in the wind. Now, if I'd been a black Labrador retriever, he might not have minded the hairs so much. But then, I would not be as smart and stubborn as I am.

We've just learned that we have followers in Canada! Hi to you all. How's the snow?

No comments:

Post a Comment