Monday, October 29, 2012

Happy Birthday Dinka!

All things considered, I think I had a pretty good birthday.  Yesterday Bracha bought me presents at the pet store - she immediately gave me a large Nylabone and this morning when we woke up I got a big hug and a lovely star-shaped rubber toy that bounces and is wonderful to chew.  I was so happy it was all I could do to get going and go outside to feed the koi and go to breakfast.  Then we went to the train station.  I was a bit scared to get onto the train at first, but Bracha helped me and told me just what to do.  And when Bracha deliberately stepped to the edge of the train platform and told me to walk forward, I showed her right away that I know how to disobey a bad command and turned her right around to where it would be safe to walk along the edge of the train platform.  This is called practicing me intelligent disobedience.  Bracha also showed me how to get right through the revolving door.  After that we went through the large shopping mall, up the moving stairs, and through the market.  there was a large doll on the sidewalk that I didn't like and I stood still and even barked at it, but Bracha said it was safe to pass by it and told me firmly to go on.  After all, I am only a dog, and I had to bark at it just to remind her of that.
Then we got back to the center and we got weighed.  I am the biggest dog on the course - I weigh 30 kilo!  And the only thing that happened on my birthday that I didn't like was that I had to get a park worm shot.  But judging by the nice presents and love I got all day, it wasn't so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment