Wednesday, October 3, 2012

One More Meeting

I was sincerely hoping that after the bike ride to Beit Oved today I would get to see DInka one more time before the course begins the week after next.  So when Ami came and told me that there was someone waiting for me in the kennels, I made a beeling with him for the kennels.  TImora showed me which cage Dinka was in, and I went inside.  Who knows whether she recognized me or not?  She certainly gave me a good licking of my face and hands, so she seemed pleased to see me.  I felt a great wrenching sadness when I had to leave her, but it won't be long before we are together again for good!

There were so many people in the kennels today that it took me a few minutes to realize that one of the people coming in to my kennel was Bracha!  Of all the visitors during the sports event today, she was the one who showed the most interest in me.   I think that means something really special.  Perhaps she is going to come see me again, or even be with me for a long time.  Suddenly she was inside our kennel, calling me and reaching out to pet me.  Molly and George, the two dogs that I share a kennel with, kept trying to get in on the action, but I pushed myself up to Bracha's face and gave her a good licking session. Bracha petted them too, but I could tell she really wanted to be with me.   Then we sat down together and Timora photographed us.  Bracha was very affectionate towards me and I could tell she was happy to see me.  Then it was all over, and she had to leave, but she hugged and kissed me goodbye and told me she would see me again soon.  So here we are together in a picture for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment