Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Here I am again!

Well, it's been ages since I've written.  I'm not sure what to tell you about first.  So let's start with the festival.  I had a ball.  AS soon as I got there I started pulling Bracha straight to the lake.  She settled me down, unpacked our things in our little room, and we headed for the beach.  It was as good as ever as I went bounding in, and we swam together out into the deep water.  I spent the entire weekend being admired by everyone, lying on the grass sleeping while the music played, and didn't even mind when Bracha was onstage and I had to stay tied up backstage so I wouldn't get in the way of the Irish dancers.

So it's good to be home again.  We are not going to travel for a long time because there are no trains, so we will spend time getting me ready for our trip to New York.  Bracha has assured me that we'll be great, that I can sleep on the plane, and she will take care of me all the time in the big city!  I'm so excited!  And Bracha has promised me a trip to the beauty salon before we go!
Interestingly enough, there has been a lot of publicity about two of my friends who were not allowed to go into a grocery store and a restaurant.  The mayor of the town repremanded the owners and told them that they were breaking the law, and we were all pleased.  And yesterday a nice taxi driver invited Bracha and me into his cab.  He took out a large paper table cloth and spread it out on the front seat for Bracha and on the floor for me so that my hair wouldn't get on the rug.  He actually took responsibility instead of complaining!  What a refreshing change!

No comments:

Post a Comment