Friday, August 5, 2011

Real Shoes!

Wow! My new shoes arrived just in time for our trip to Tel Aviv. I'm so happy and proud! These are real shoes with rubber soles, so Bracha doesn't have to keep taking them on and off all the time. My other ones are torn and all worn out. So yesterday we went to Tel Aviv and I wore them all morning - on the train, up the moving stairs, out to the bus stop, and on the street! And after Bracha photographed them, we discovered that they have reflectors on them, too! Thank you, Yariv, for suggesting them!


Now I have to tell you about the taxi driver whom we met coming home from the train station last night. He was standing outside the exit to the train station and we had never met him before. He asked if I was quiet and Bracha assured him that I know how to behave nicely in a taxi, and would only sit on the floor. He opened the back door and I slipped in between the seats. He explained that he usually does not take dogs. "But sometimes when it's necessary, I make an exception." He explained that he was an observant Moslem, and that if a dog licks his hand he would have to wash his hands seven times to be clean again. Bracha said she understood, and that she was pleased at his willingness to understand the necessity of taking guide dogs. So if he can take a dog in his cab, even if his religion says dogs are unclean, why do others make such feeble excuses?

No comments:

Post a Comment