Friday, August 19, 2011

Hey, are those Adidas?

One cannot remain annonymous when walking with my red shoes on. The moment we walked out of the train station the comments started:
"Hey, are those Adidas?"
"Wow, look at those!"
"Hey, look, that dog has shoes!"
And on and on. I think Bracha gets a bit tired of it and simply ignores most of them, but after I made my way through Azrieli and for the first time found my way out of the center and onto the pedestrian bridge, one woman started up and we got a good laugh. First she asked the woman next to her why I had shoes. The woman didn't know. Bracha couldn't resist. They were, after all, talking about me as if she were not even there and could not hear.
"If you want to know, you can ask me directly, you know."
"Why does your dog have shoes?"
Bracha explained that the shoes were to protect my feet from the hot sidewalks.
The woman considered this. "But, up till now they (dogs) never complained..."
We goth chuckled to ourselves. The time of dogs being silent is over! Hooray!

Now I have to tell you about my new swimming place. The river is just about dried up and is nothing more than a muddy trickle. But wow! The fence around the reservour is, well, not quite intact, so we made our way in! Now Nuala and I can swim! What fun!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bracha and Suki! I always enjoy your blog. Suki, "titchadesh" on your new shoes...wear them in good health.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete