Friday, April 29, 2011

A Hike for Guide Dogs!

Yesterday about twelve of us went in a hike especially for people with guide dogs. I had no idea we were supposed to have such a special day until we got to Tel Aviv and there were Petel, Tango, Yvonna, Hope, Ringo, (with a fancy haircut), Macy, Sean, Hugo, Elsa, Holly, and me! We made quite a procession as we walked through the forest, and even ran around the rocks and trees. Every person had a student guiding them, so there was lots of help for people to get along on the forest paths and over rocks and steps. We also spent a lot of time sleeping and socializing on the bus, and finally ended up in Jerusalem where we went through the crowded market. Bracha knew that I would do my job well and let the woman who was helping her see just how I could make my way through the crowded market with strollers, wheelschairs, and other obstacles. Then we all settled down at a restaurant where the owner welcomed all twelve dogs! I hope we have more hikes like this! Even though we got home late and by the time we walked in the door all I could think about was my bown of food and bed, I'd love to go again!
Here we all are at the top of the ridge in the forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment